DIY Baby Puffs
Zoie is at the age where she can start having some finger foods. Baby Puffs are a new thing that are on the market for babies to eat. The thing is, they are very expensive and have added sugars and preservatives in them, something we don’t want Zoie to have.
Natural sugars from fruits and vegetables are all we want to give her right now. We don’t need her to become addicted to sugar already. Also, kids who have sugar introduced to them before the age of one are more likely to become obese and have type two diabetes. We want to try our best to keep Zoie’s diet healthy so she does not end up with health issues.
So I decided to make her Baby Puffs, this weeks, the first batch we decided on Kale. It’s really easy, so easy I made it and rolled them out with one hand, since Zoie was in the other.
What you will need
- 1/2 a bunch of kale
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/2 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 cup of flour (we used spelt flour)
- cookie sheets
- a blender
- Steam kale
- Place baking powder, flour & water in the blender
- Place steamed kale on top
- Blend until the texture of dough
- I then placed mine in the fridge for about 30 minutes, so it was easier to roll with my fingers
- Take little pieces and roll them into small balls, a little bit bigger than pea size.
- Bake for 5 minutes on 450
- Let cool and let your baby enjoy
I did a whole bunch of kale, we ended up with enough for two weeks. She is already enjoying them.
You can also use strawberries, blueberries, bananas, etc. Next time I make them I’m going to make strawberry.